Prairie Points

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Culinary conundrum.

Today was just one of those days where there was nothing pressing or urgent to attend to, so I didn't. I'm still recovering from the trauma of last week's events (see my last blog post).  I do have a mountain of beets to process and was needing some vinegar and assorted spices, so we took a trip to Rural King. I love that store. I could wander around the food aisles forever. While DH was shopping for all the boring stuff, I entertained myself by finding unique culinary offerings. I actually bought these:
Sorry about the sideways pic.
Each little plastic straw is filled with flavored beads, either chocolote or strawberry. Each end of the plastic straw is pinched close, but has tiny holes. The idea is to suck the milk through the straw and the beads melt and add flavor to the milk as you slurp it. I had about 6 oz. of milk and was very disappointed in the result. The milk was long gone by the time any flavor was apparent. I finally took scissors, snipped off the end, and smushed the mushy beads into my mouth. The flavor is good, just not fast enough.I probably did it wrong, though. Probably any two year old would get good results.  I also bought:
Just the sweet corn flavored chips. I ripped those babies open as soon as we got home. The consensus was divided. I thought they were good, but then I hardly ever buy chips so I'm like a thirsty drunk  licking his lips when he sees a bottle of whiskey when they are around. Oh, boy!! Chips!!  DH thought they were terrible, but then he doesn't like cinnamon or garlic, either, so he can't be trusted. Just for orneriness, I just about bought this, but read the list of ingredients and decided I could make it cheaper:
This is mostly raspberries with some spices.
I saved the best for last. Who wouldn't want to dig into these babies?
So, there is just no excuse for being  bored.  If you find yourself in a blah funk, take a short drive to your local Rural King store and browse the food aisles.  Take a picky eater with you, just for fun. haha. A few teenagers would make it supremely enjoyable.  Turkey Gizzards....it's what's for dinner. NOT!
Blessings,
Brenda    

No comments:

Post a Comment