Prairie Points

Friday, April 13, 2012

I'd like some cheese with my whine, please.

Here I sit. Just sitting and typing. I think it has something to do with it being a cloudy, dreary day. I have a million, no, make that JILLION things I could and should be doing.  I know what needs to be done, but am I doing them? Heck no. It isn't that I don't have any energy left after planting trees yesterday. It isn't that I don't have a desire to de-clutter the closets, de-dustbunny the bedroom, organize the crap treasures in the basement, or otherwise make a dent in what needs to be done around here, but I just can't seem to get it together today. It's like there are so many things to do it's overwhelming, so I just don't do anything. The weeds are getting ahead of me outside, there is still a lot of garden prep to do for things like tomatoes and peppers, and Lord knows there's bush trimming and other essential spring duties. I. Just. Don't. Care. Not today. Maybe I will tomorrow. Or not.  I know I feel like this every year right about now. There is a small window between feeling like I could set the world on fire, and the summer doldrums where all I want is a cold drink, a wet towel and a ceiling fan. Feast or famine. The only thing I've accomplished today is planting some asparagus plants, gathered eggs, made two large batches of noodles and cleaned up the mess from that, cleaned the stove, three loads of laundry, chick duties, and made lunch for both of us.
 I could sew, but I don't have good light on a cloudy day. I could watch tv, but what's the point of doing that??  I think I'll just whine.  Could someone please come kick me in the keister? I need a jumpstart. And did I spell keister correctly? Thanks very much.
Blessings,
Brenda
Update:  I made a yummy apple crisp and ate a nice serving of it. That and the plastic bag that finally fell out of the top of the oak tree in my front yard has lifted my spirits.  I no longer feel like I'm living across from Wally World. Oh, and I found a great classic rock station out of St. Louie on the radio. Nothing like classic rock to help get your groove on.  Hurray for that.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what your talking about Brenda...I have lots of days like that too. I either go high gear or nothing. Maybe we need days like this to just reflect. Love you, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty productive day to me.

    ReplyDelete