Prairie Points

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Just foolin' around

It's April Fool's Day. That used to be a big deal in grade school. Remember all the dorky pranks kids would try to pull on each other? It didn't take long, if you had half a brain, to see it coming after the first couple of years, once you were "on" to April 1 and the significance of the day. I say couple of years instead of couple of pranks, because being a kid there were 364 days in between April Fool's days to forget. If you're only 7 yrs. old, that's 1/7th of your life, and there were other things, like long division and remembering how to spell Connecticut that took precedence.  April Fool's Day is one of those things your mom never tells you about.  You're just out there, cast into the cruel world to discover it on your own.   "Oh, by the way, honey, today is April Fool's Day, and that means little Johnny is going to try to pin a silly note to your back, so other kids will point at you and laugh. Just be on the lookout for silly pranks today, ok?"  It would have been very helpful to have had a heads-up, MOM.  I never had one of those goofy notes on my back, but I'm sure there were lame jokes told and plenty of eyes rolled. Our poor teachers.

It's no joke, though,  that I changed the look of this blog.  There are several design templates from which to choose, and being the Libra that I am, I thought a more balanced side bar presentation would be easier on the eyes. I know it's easier on mine.  I'm still trying to figure out how to share videos. The best I can do so far is provide a link. I'll get there.

I am going to forget that today is April Fool's Day. DH isn't a prankster and doesn't take to pranking all that well, and since DS has done flown de coop, it isn't very much fun.

BTW...if you have Prince Albert in a can, you better let him out. (insert much eye rolling here).
LOL...LOL...LOL
Blessings,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment