Prairie Points

Friday, April 20, 2012

All that glitters....

....is not gold, but some of it is the glitter in the polish I had put on my NEWLY PEDICURED feet. Woot!!  In honor of my mother's birthday on Wednesday, she and I went to Decatur today.  Along with her first ever Japanese lunch (no sushi, but declicious none-the-less),  we got pedicures. The first time for her, for that, too.  Oh, sure, there's the budget pedicure, for the low, low price of only $25, but this was a special event, and I want only the best for my mom.  We got the deeeeee-luxe version.  Oh, the leg massages. Oh, the fragrant plethora of oils and potions applied to our legs and feet. My heels no longer catch on the carpet as I walk through the living room. It was hard choosing a color for my tech to apply, but I finally settled on this glittery delight.  I never did get over breaking my red glitter high heel shoes when I was 6, so I've been making up for it ever since.  I'm happy and my feet are very happy right now. Happy Birthday, mom. You're the best.  Enjoy your pretty feet.
THESE are my feet.  *giggle* She asked me if I worked out in the yard. There might have been some embedded soil around my big toe, but I'm not admitting to that.  I think that's what she asked me.  Lan was a very friendly Vietnamese chatterbox. I'm glad we met. I'm very glad she met my feet.
Blessings,
Brenda 

4 comments:

  1. Feet look great - I think some new sandals would be in keeping with the situation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, them there toes would fit right in on Siesta Key Beach now with all that snow white quartz sand around them. What a nice thing to do for mom and your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably wouldn't have needed the pedi if I had that sand to walk on, although it's such a luxurious treat it would be hard not to indulge once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Brenda for such a pleasant and exciting day. Great food and the pedicure was spectacular. I think we will be due another pedicure this summer. All moms should have a daughter like you! Oh, by the way, your feet look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete