Prairie Points

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Live Wire

Just a short post to share a discovery I've made. It's too cool!!  I saw some pictures on someones blog that just blew me away. If you're weird like I am, you'll like them, too.  There is a fairly new annual ornamental grass out there called Live Wire Fiber Optic. You can do so much with it.  This is what I did with the one I bought:

 My kids bought me this topsy-turvey/planter combo last year, and there are tomatoes planted upside down, but the top part is for flowers or herbs or whatever. I put a sweet potato vine in there and a couple of vining flowers, plus the fiber optic grass.  This is not really the best use for this unique plant.  Look what else you could do:

Wouldn't it make great hair????  Just too cool for school.  You'll have to do a search for these head planters, and I know they are very pricey, in the $75-$125 range, so I'll have to come up with a plan B, but by this time next year I'll have some way figured out. If you're out and about, wandering the nurseries for plants and come upon this fiber optic grass, just know you can create cool planters with it.  There are lots of images on the internet, too.   It takes so little to make me happy, It really does. :)
Blessings,
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. These planters remind me of the plant people they had at the orchid show last year at Mobot. I could see buying these, but can't see Dick being thrilled about them.

    ReplyDelete