Prairie Points

Monday, May 28, 2012

Tempting fate

This post is about rain, or rather, the lack of it. We badly need rain in our neck of the woods.  It is way too soon for trees, shrubs and other vegetation to be showing signs of drought stress, but they are certainly doing just that.  I've watered and watered, but it isn't the same as a nice drenching rain from the heavens above.

I have decided instead of washing the car to tempt fate, I'll just post some pictures of lovely raindrops and try to remember what it's like to receive them.  We sorely need them now.


Beautiful rain falling on trees.

This looks like too little, too late, but I'll still take it.
Beautiful. 


Can't you just hear the flowers going "ahhhhh."

Beautiful. (I love raindrops on green leaves.)

 Ok.  Looks like there was a little wind, but that's ok, too.  A nice gully-washer would be much appreciated.
drip. drip. drip.
There!!  Mother Nature....please, please send us some refreshing rain soon.
We have a 50% chance of rain tonight. I've done my part, now get out there and do a raindance. My garden and, trees, and animals, and newly planted fruit trees, and all the corn and soybean fields will be eternally grateful. Thank you.
Blessings,
Brenda

p.s.  Thank you for hearing my plea, Ms. Nature.  We got a lovely rain just after midnight, measuring nearly 3/4".  The moisture was greatly appreciated by all living things residing in my yard and the surrounding fields. I don't even mind that I had to mop up wet floors from the rain that blew in through the screens.  Now, just don't forget about us.  I love a rainy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment