Prairie Points

Thursday, May 17, 2012

From lethargy to livid in one swell foop.

Wow...what a difference a minute makes. I posted the blog post, then stepped outside to see this:
 

What's missing is 9 precious poults, better known as "the girls", dustbathing and wallowing in my beets, lettuce and radishes. Bad girls...whatcha gonna do when I come for you??

I caught them red-handed.  I lobbed a piece of stale bread at them and they skedaddled out, dust flying from their feathers. Hmmmmm, this is going to be harder than I thought. Good thing I love 'em.


Dear girls,
You do realize there are 6 acres here and you are free-ranging chickens. Go range somewhere else, please. There are lush weeds growing behind the shed. I know there are worms in the barnlot. I know there are delectable morsels and even dry, "dirty" areas elsewhere. Do you HAVE to choose the spots I'm trying to grow something on? Is it written in the "How to be a Chicken" handbook that you should be on the lookout for fresh garden spots?  Here is a heads-up;  the grass is NOT greener on the other side of the fence. It is the same darn green. Comprende'?  Love, Mom.

Blessings,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment