Prairie Points

Thursday, May 31, 2012

One of my favorite scents

When I moved here in the early 80's, there was a nice clothesline. I used it a lot. I loved it. There is nothing better than sleeping on freshly laundered sheets that have been dried on a clothesline, kissed by the sun and fresh air. For me, at least, it is a surefire way to a good night's sleep.  Then it happened. We had one storm too many, and one Bradford pear tree wiped out my clothesline. Not only did the lines go down, but one of the poles was bent so badly it was unfit for repair. I grieved. It isn't a job I can do myself, and there were always more important things to do. After a couple of years, I got used to not using one, but I want one now. I want to look out my kitchen window and see this:
I also want to look out my kitchen window and see this:

Well, maybe not THIS particular one, but one of my own design and construction. An adorable clothespin bag. There are fabrics now that come laminated and ready for waterproof applications, such as water bottle holders, diaper bags, and whatever.  This is a blog I check out from time-to-time, and today especially tugged at my heart. I loved it.  There are links to the free pattern from this blog:
http://www.sewwequilt.com/

Such a cute idea.  Make sure you read Madame Samms poem, too.  She says it much better than I ever could.

OK.  So now the next project around here will absolutely be a new clothesline for me. I. Have. Spoken.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Blessings,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment