Prairie Points

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The grass is always greener...I hope.

My DS texted me Friday and said "So, you didn't blog about the rain?"  My reply was "There really wasn't much to shout about here."  The rain did come, for some. Oh, sure, some lucky souls got a really nice rain. It rained inches just a couple of miles south of us, and at least an inch a few miles west of us. What did we get? Two measly tenths of an inch.  It did wash the dust off the trees and bushes and woke the crickets up for a little while. That's about it. I'm fed up. I have had it. I'm leaving this place. I am taking off for a change of scenery, someplace where the grass had better be green. I'm going to Nashville, Tenneessee to see:
Larry's Country Diner is one of my mom's favorite shows on cable TV. It is on the RFD channel on Thursday nights, and one of her favorite characters is Nadine the Church Lady.  Tickets to sit in on a taping of the show can be obtained (they are all taken through 2013) and during the taping,which actually takes place in a diner or at least a set which looks like a diner, you get to eat a meal, as if you are really in a diner.  (sorry I used the word diner so much).There is musical entertainment with various country music artists of currrent or has-been or never-was fame entertaining the audience. Lots of country humor and down home fun.  We will be there for the 11:15 taping Monday morning.  One Thursday night a few months from now, we'll be on tv.  You'll see us (well, if you watch that show), having the time of our lives. This was a Christmas gift to my mom and I think she liked it. :)
There may or may not be a country opry dinner theatre experience thrown in, and then on the return trip, Metropolis beckons. It's not only the home of Superman, but a gambling boat, as well. Since I don't have a lot of luck when I try to gamble (remember the lottery ticket machine that didn't like me and wouldn't let me play??....even though I hadn't even TRIED to buy a lottery ticket in years!!....go figure), I will mostly watch as the others win their children's inheritance. Ha.

So, DS, it doesn't really matter anymore if it rains. It really doesn't (sniff, sniff).

Aloha, I mean, Yee-Haw blessings,
Brenda

p.s.  Don't worry about the girls. Today, I'll be giving a lengthy tutorial to DH about chicken keeping. As a backup, I'm leaivng lots of pots of water here and there, and the food bin is full. He won't sing and coo to them like I do (hahahahaha...I'd LOVE to see that), but they'll survive without me for a couple of days. He did ask if he had to gather eggs while I'm gone. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment