Prairie Points

Monday, July 30, 2012

This, too, shall pass.

Recent observations:
1. Rain dances do not work.
2. Praying for rain does not work.
3. Begging for rain does not work.
4. Pretending not to care whether or not it rained does not work.
5. Visualizing a nice drenching, soaking rain does not work.
6. Crying and generally throwing a fit because it didn't rain does not work.
7. Threatening Mother Nature with mean, vindictive insults to try to make it rain does not work.
8. Seeing my  Weatherbug pindot smack in the middle of a red/yellow blotch indicating it SHOULD be raining where I am will no longer elicit excitement from me. IT LIES.
9. Dragging a 100 foot hose from bush to tree to garden plant is almost as good as spending ten minutes on the Wii.
10. One thing is for certain. Nothing lasts forever. This, too, shall pass. The rain will fall again. The grass will one day be green again. One day we will be complaining about too much rain. We'll be praying, and begging for it to stop, and visualizing warm, sunny days instead. Rain will ruin outdoor plans and whining about it will do no good. Crops will be bin-busters again.

Bring it on!!

Now, from the chicken front, I'm happy to report that Opal and her two babies are doing well. They are growing and she is still leading them around the yard and finding tasty morsels to share with them. The other girls are doing well, too. The three new girls, the ameraucanas, should be laying blue eggs in another month or so. They are such sweet birds and like to perch on my hands and arms. When I get the energy to go outside, I'll take pictures to post.

August is shaping up to be a busy month for me. I'll be reporting back on a few adventures. I can only say it involves Nadine the Church Lady, a big high school class party, a trip to St. Louis with our son, and the build-up to a Tour of Homes.  Thank goodness I now have a personal shopper. hahahaha

Blessings,
Brenda in dry-ville

No comments:

Post a Comment