Prairie Points

Monday, March 12, 2012

Do-Overs

I saw Riverdance last night. It was absolutely wonderful. Those performers are so young and agile and talented and THIN. haha  I will never be able to do a proper Irish jig, much less dance with the agility and speed they possessed. It's ovah for me....too late. That ship has sailed. In real life. However.......when I close my eyes and step into my time machine, I can transport myself back to those young, limber days of my youth, and I am skipping and jumping and jigging all over the place. Jigging, not jiggling...that breaks the spell. LOL In my time machine, in that other place, once I've finished dancing, I then sit myself down at a beautiful baby grand piano and proceed to let my fingers dance across the keys. When I've tired of that, I head over to the ice rink, where I whirl and twirl and slide elegantly across the ice.  But alas, those talents were never tapped into. In reality, I probably would have been a clumsy dancer, a pathetic piano player, and would have broken my neck on the ice.  I'm pretty sure the path I've gone down is the one I was destined to take.  I bake a mean loaf of bread.
Blessings,      Brenda

1 comment: