Prairie Points

Thursday, March 15, 2012

When to say no!

1.  Someone suggests planting sweet gum trees in your yard.

2.  Someone suggests planting mulberry trees in your yard.

3.  Someone suggests planting mint in your yard.

For starters.

Double Trouble and Matt helped again today and we got lots of little volunteer sprouts cut out of the windbreak on the east side, and got some large, very large branches cut up and hauled to Pile C.  Thank goodness I didn't fall out of the trees I climbed into to help dislodge stubborn broken branches. DH even got his chainsaw running and helped out for a while.  It's all good.  Oh. What's this Double Trouble thing you say?

My step-dad goes by the name of Deacon. His mowing partner and our family friend is Ed.  They have also worked together at the Dollar General in Shelbyville, and it was while working there that they were given the nicknames of Deacon Double and Ed Trouble.  They even had that embroidered on their shirts. We usually just shorten it to Double Trouble.  Too cute and they are such great help. .  I don't know what I'd do without them or Matt.  We are beginning to really make a noticeable difference, and that makes me feel really good.  Today's lunch was chicken salad made from a deli chicken on fresh homemade bread, with ham and split pea soup and tropical fruit salad.  The soup wasn't such a big hit with Double Trouble, so I was glad I had leftover soups from Tuesday to offer. Note to self: ditch the split pea soup for company. :)

4.  Someone suggests fixing split pea soup for the work crew.

Blessings,
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. I especially agree with #4! I don't know anyone who likes! Well, maybe you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, Matt and I have always enjoyed a good bowl of that soup. I add onions, grated carrots, ham and a few other seasonings to it and it really is quite tasty. I understand why it might not appeal to all, though. Some couldn't get past the color.

    ReplyDelete