Prairie Points

Sunday, March 11, 2012

An Exciting Time in Church--or Look Toward the Heavens.

Church started innocently and normal enough today. The usual friendly greetings, the Praise Band selections, a minor glitch in the power point, but then there was a decided turn for the worse. Well, I can't say it was bad, it was just unusual. Apparently it happens in every church on occasion, but this was a first for me.  There was a blackbird flying around in the high heavens of church, flying from sacred window to sacred window, and once even landing on one of the large pipes of the organ. I'll be it's ears are still ringing from that. It made me think about one of my all-time favorites from Ray Stevens:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K16fG1sDagU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope this comes up.  I'm still very new at the techinical stuff related to posting blogs.  At the very least, click on the youtube link.  I think you'll enjoy it.

Our patient janitor has a few new spots on the floor to deal with, and it was a near miss for my friend Susie, but at the last minute  she made a prudent decision to scoot over a few inches. :)  I'm sure the bird will eventually find it's way out and I'm just grateful it wasn't bats in the belfry. Winged doves might have been nice, though.
Blessings,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment